"When Only The Best Is Good Enough"
When Harford's introduced a clear span 41 ft truss (12.5 meter) ridge vented plastic skinned greenhouse to the commercial growers it had major effect on the whole industry. The large truss combined with columns of up to 13 feet (4 metres) gave equivalent growing conditions to a traditional Venlo design of over 16 feet (5 metres) without the associated heat loss.
Ingenious design using unique sleeve jointing systems patented by Harford's to ensure a top quality structure built to exacting standards at a very realistic price.
The Super Maxi Span is computer analysed to provide full crop loading and at the same time resistance to wind loads of up to 164 feet (54 metres) per second. Our engineers point out that it is in fact stronger than our well-proven Maxi Span design
With cable fixed crop support wires, as standard, the Super Maxi is engineered for 3lbs per square foot (15 kilograms per square meter). And can also be easily modified for snow loading conditions when required.
The Super Maxi Span is easy and quick to build, the strength of a fully welded connection is combined with single sleeve joint systems to give a simple on-site assembly without the need for expensive scaffolding or cranes.
Tomato, Capsicum and Cucumber growers will find that they can easily fit over 16 rows of crop per span giving effective use of space. While at the same time the height of the Super Maxi Span offers ease of layering and crop management. Flower growers and Nurseries will find that the larger span and height provides more efficient space for benching and automatic watering and gives a manageable buffer zone above the crop.
The trusses are fabricated in galvanised steel and can be powder coated to prolong cover life.Another benefit of the truss design is the ability to use it for support when maintaining the vents and covers, even when a full crop is planted.Covers are the latest technology twin-skin plastics, 200 micron on the outside and 150 micron inside, featuring UV stabilised polymers, EVA Infra-Red heat retention and anti condensation drip protection ensuring the best environment for your crop.
Guaranteed as standard for four growing seasons in the Southern Hemisphere and fixed with Harford's Cliploc to provide long life and a cost saving recover when required.
- A wide 41 foot (12.5m) truss provides super efficiency
- Modular construction allows simple cost effective growth
- The galvanised high tensile steel frame giving increased cover life
- Top quality inflatable twin skin covers cut heating costs by half over traditional coverings
- Premier high technology covers minimise condensation reducing diseases and help control insect pests
- Harford's patented Cliploc two piece cover fastening saves time and money when repairing and recovering
- Huge 45% floor area ventilated by gull-wing vents ensures complete control of the interior environment
- University tested wind and crop loaded structure withstands winds up to 164 feet (50m) per second
- Large heavy duty walk-in gutter system designed to take heavy tropical downpours on the outside while the inside profile minimises shadow on the crop and provides anti drip condensation run
- An option of white powder coating
Size: Single or gutter connected 12.5 meter (41 foot) spans extendable lengthways in 3 meter (9 feet 10 inch) modules.
Ventilation: Double gull-wing ridge vents 5.8 metres (19 feet) wide.
Doors: Single, double or triple door openings at any location.
Automation: Single or three phase gearmotors as standard. Temperature, wind and rain control systems available up to fully computerised environmental control system. All built to customers specification. Misting and fogging systems can be supplied if required.